Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Gumball Machine is Back!


Cade and Chloe are so alike in many ways, it's a little scary.  They both like the same shows as little kids, they both can't sit still, and they have the same motivators to be potty trained. When I got back from Lake Powell I rededicated myself to try to potty train Chloe.  I know that it's all about timing but when all the kids her age and younger are done then I put the pressure on myself to get it done.  So the immediate reward is a gumball, I bought this when Cade was going through the process.  Cade loved it then and Chloe loves it now.  I should rephrase that, all of my kids love it, Cade and Claire think that if they go to the bathroom then they get a gumball too!  I hear them asking me a lot after they go.  The long term motivator for when she is done is Disneyland that is what it was for Cade too.  She's also like Cade in that one part of potty training is going to be difficult, I'll let you figure that out.  So the adventure begins... I can't wait until it's over!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Good luck! If the pressure starts getting to you just remember that none of my kids are potty trained until they are closer to 3 1/2. They can't all be Claire!

Zoo Keeper said...

Man, I hope you are feeling better! Are you??? That is a long time to feel yucky! Good luck on the "trainin"!!!

Liz :) said...

Great idea. I'll have to try that with Nathan. I wish I thought of it with the first to get more use out of it. Although we were able to potty train Alexis with imaginary tootsie rolls! =)