If you know me well, you know that I am a sucker for caramel, it's my favorite. I would take it over chocolate in a heart beat. So of course I have to try recipes that include them. These are very rich and I didn't want them in my house so I sent them to work with Casey and they were devoured in no time.
1/2 cup butter, cubed
32 caramels
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 cups mini chocolate chips
1 cup vanilla or white chips
1 Heath candy bar, chopped
In a large saucepan, combine the butter, caramels and milk; cook and stir over medium low heat until smooth. Cool.
In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, oil and eggs until blended. Stir in chips and chopped candy bar (dough will be stiff)
Press 3/4 into a greased 9x13 pan Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Place on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Pour caramel mixture over crust. Drop remaining dough by spoonfuls onto caramel layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; run a knife around the edges of pan. Cool 40 minutes longer; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
2 comments:
Those looks so good. i am going to have to make then soon.
Yummy, I am a chocolate girl but those look so good. I will have to try them.
Post a Comment