We showed him the poster on the wall explaining the tubes being put in his ears and immediately he said, "I don't want that." Then Casey said, "Maybe we can get you the Lego Batman video game if you get it done" and that sealed the deal. We went to meet with the scheduler and he was ready to get it done right then. Now he has to wait 2 whole weeks to get his game. We go in on October 10th to have the procedure done, it will be a great day. I can't wait for my little boy to hear well again.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Cade's latest...
Cade has had some trouble hearing lately, even with his hearing aids on. The other day I was about 3 feet away from him and was asking him in a normal voice, "Cade, can you hear me?" He did respond until he saw my lips moving and came over and put his ear towards me. He has really been relying on lip reading a lot lately. Without his aids on, we have to talk directly into his ear for him to hear. He also has been complaining about a noise in his ear that he has described two different ways. The first is by putting his pointer finger and thumb together and making a circular motion by his ears and the other he described as a feet noise. I asked him what a "feet noise" was and he stood up and quietly marched in place. He went to the audiologist last Saturday and he did some tests, his hearing had gone down 10-15 decibels and the pressure behind his ears was REALLY bad. We were able to get him into the ENT and we were told that he needs to have tubes put in his ears to help him with the draining. We were really happy that this was a lot easier to diagnose then the hearing loss was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope this turns out to be as simple as it sounds. Good Luck!
I hope everything turns out ok.
He is amazing. I can't imagine all that he has had to go through. What a trooper. I am glad that you were able to get the right attention this time.
Post a Comment