Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Uncle John Is Home!!

Casey's baby brother got home from his mission a couple of weeks ago and we were able to drive down to Phoenix the morning of, just in time to see him coming off the plane.  Aunt Taylor made a great sign and you can't really tell but the kids all signed their names.  When we got to the airport the kids were very excited, as you can tell.




Like all airports we had to wait and the kids got a little bored, as the next picture captures.  We were quite the scene with all the kids and the sign.  Many travelers passing us smiled, some cheered, "Yeah!  Uncle John!"  One person asked if he was in the military.  We definitely brought a lot of smiles to peoples faces.


To pass the time and the boredom, Seth started to lead the other kids in a chant, "We Want Uncle John!" over and over until he came off the plane.  You could tell John was a little embarrassed and was even hiding behind a couple of pilots that were walking in front of him.  The pilots realized that he was "Uncle John" and stepped aside and let him lead the way.  After giving the nieces and nephews five, he went straight to his Mama.  I won't mention the fact that he went to everyone that was there before he came and hugged me!  How long have I been in the family?! Oh, did I just say that?  I guess because I had the camera, he thought I was busy taking pictures.
This is us on the way back to the car.  Can you believe all of those kids?!


0 comments: