Monday, June 30, 2008

Our trip to California Part 1

I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since we were first in California.  Last week was so crazy with swim lessons and a sick child that I didn't have much time for anything else.  We had so much fun that I am going to do it day by day so I can get all of the pictures in.

Casey was kind enough to drive out with me and yes, we survived the drive.  The kids are used to 5 hour drives to Phoenix and S. CA and let me tell you, those last 3 hours make a difference.  Yes, I now understand how my parents felt when the repeated question, "How much longer?" kept coming up.  We had a great day once we arrived.  We got there around 2pm and we were so lucky to spend time with family.  My oldest brother Steve was there with Kepi, his wife, and their son, Jared.  Also, my brother Casey was there with his two girls, Hannah and Sydney.  Nicole and Jack were unfortunately in Utah for a funeral so we missed them on Saturday.  We had fun swimming in Nonni and Papa's pool even though it was a little chilly.  It was so nice to be away from the heat and where it actually cools down at night.   
Sunday, Father's Day and my brother Casey's birthday, we went to my old ward from high school and it has been a long time since I have seen some of those people. It was nice.  A couple of people even said I looked exactly the same as I did in high school!  We went back to my mom's where Steve, Kepi and Jared were there.  Casey had to pick Nicole up at the airport so he didn't come until later.  It was so nice to be with my family.  We don't get together very often and lately when we have it has been because of weddings and those are always hectic times.  I think Steve and Kepi had the best time because they are almost empty nesters and had fun laughing at us young parents and grateful those times have past for them.
Later that day I had to say goodbye to Casey so he could head back home to work and get ready for our stake's trek that he was involved in planning.  It's hard to be on vacation without him but it's either be home without him there or be in California taking my kids to fun places!

0 comments: