Sunday, June 29, 2008

The time has come for a change...

Last week was really crazy but I do plan to post about our trip to California.  Maybe I'll have time tomorrow..

Anyway, my time as a Gospel Doctrine teacher has come to an end.  About 5 minutes before Sacrament today, Bro. Edwards called Casey and I into a room and asked if I would accept a new calling as (drum roll)  1st Counselor in the Young Women's!  It's been four years since I have been in Young Women and I am excited to return.  I have some big shoes to fill but I am up for the challenge.  We currently don't have any Mia Maids but there will be shortly. 
I will miss Gospel Doctrine and the things that I learned while preparing for my lessons.  I'm sure most people would think that I am relieved and to a certain extent I am but I loved it.  I learned so much and I just have to make sure that I keep up that intensity of studying.  In a way, I think that calling was to help me learn how to study and really get a lot out of the scriptures.  I had to!  

3 comments:

The Yates Family said...

Kamy, I will miss your lessons in GD. You were a great teacher! Good luck in Young Women's!

Wool Cabin Yarn said...

I have that same calling in Young Women. We will have to share ideas. We are getting ready for girls camp. It should be fun!

Michelle said...

Yea, for YW!!