Monday, June 30, 2008

California trip part 2 Monterey

    

Monday my Mom and I took the kids to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  The kids were good sports as we had to walk a ways so we didn't have to pay for parking.  Yes, I am a cheapskate but it's good exercise, right?  It was pretty cold when we got there but if any of you know Monterey, the sun usually doesn't come out until noon.  The Aquarium was a crowded with summer program groups.  Our kids weren't as interested in seeing the fish as they were playing with the things that they couldn't read to help educate children on sea life.  They had a great time though.  More fun than my mom and I as we were just trying to keep all three of them in our sight.  
We went to lunch followed by a trip to Dennis the Menace park.  A park that I used to go to when I was little.  You'll notice that it has a neat train that the kids got to play on .  Claire wasn't a fan of the sand getting in her shoes and I didn't want her taking them off.  So I got to carry her when she couldn't get somewhere without crossing the sand.  
We ended the day with swimming like every other day that we were there.  Cade never lasted too long because of how cold the water was and that was perfectly fine with me! 

2 comments:

Annie said...

That looks like an awesome park. Jack would love that. I hope to see you in a few weeks.

heather said...

That makes me home sick, I can't wait to go home. How fun! That seems like a very successful trip.You guys sound like us, Brent is going to help me drive out also, and then fly back, while we stay and have fun. Wish you were going to be in PHX sometime this summer(again).Happy to see you are having a fun summer.