Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween has come and gone



I was ready for Halloween to be over before it was even here.  I did a really good job this year of not buying candy before Halloween because I knew I would eat it.  This year Cade was Spiderman, Claire was a witch and Chloe was Minnie Mouse.  We had a trunk or treat the night before with four HUGE wards so we had a ton of candy from that.  Casey didn't get to experience it with us because he was cooking for the 800+ people that were there.  I was really glad when we still had a few more rows of cars left and Cade said, "This is taking too long."  I was more than happy to stop.  Chloe got the most candy that night because there were so many kids there that people were just dropping candy in bags and not really looking and Chloe kept standing there and so she usually got a few at one stop.
Halloween day was Nevada Day so Cade didn't have school.  We went and visited a few people and then did a couple of streets in our neighborhood.  Our neighborhood is so funny because there are two cul-de-sacs that are happening with people walking the streets trying to scare people and haunted "garages" and then... there is our street, it is dead.  We only had a few trick or treaters so Casey had to give out handfuls to try to get rid of as much candy as possible.  The kids have already decided what they want to be next year so I have bought the girls costumes already.  
By the way, the things coming out of Cade's eyes are his eyelashes, not spiderwebs!  He couldn't wear his mask very long because he couldn't blink!

0 comments: