Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Latest on Cade

I'm a little late in getting this on my blog, but better late than never, right?  Cade had his tubes put in his ears 2 weeks ago and it has made such a difference.  He can actually hear without his aids in!  It's fantastic.  The day that he had them in I asked him a question, his aids were out, and covered my mouth so he wouldn't read my lips and he answered it!  Needless to say, I cried.  He hasn't been able to hear well for a long time and now the liquid is out of the way, he can hear so much better.  One of the best things is that the tv isn't as loud as it used to be.  We had a follow up last week with the doctor and he said that everything looks great and the tubes are in a good position.  Cade keeps asking how many more days until they come out.  His teachers all noticed a difference right away, he is so  much more focused.  He is a great little boy and we are so lucky to have him in our family.  The poor thing has been through so much in the past 2 years to try to get things figured out and hopefully now we are done.  The improvements in him are amazing, he is more social and is speaking a lot clearer.  

2 comments:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

Oh Kamy, that is such great news! Trinity was going to have to have tubes put into her ears someday. How things change huh? Anyways, I'm so happy for you and especially for Cade! What a world of difference for your little man.

heather said...

That is awesome. It does a mother's heart good to see her child happy, and doing well. I hope that things continue to get better from here.