Monday, August 25, 2008

Cade's First Day of School


For the past few days I have been so nervous about Cade starting 1st grade.  I think it's because he will be gone all day and he was so sheltered in his previous classes and now he will be on the big playground!  I think everyone worries about how their child will be treated and hopefully people will be nice to my little boy with the green ears.  I actually slept really well last night, when I said goodbye to Casey this morning he told me "Good luck" and I had to think for a second why he was telling me that.  
We walked to school with a bunch of kids from our neighborhood to the chaotic playground.  Cade did really well and because he did, I did.  His class only has 12 kids in it!  That probably won't last for long but I am so excited for him.  There are a couple of kids in his class from last year and one from church so he should be ok.  I think I am now more worried about tomorrow because I hope he will want to go back.  
I just got back from picking Cade up and I asked him if he had a good time and he said, "That was a LONG time."  Whenever I ask him about school it's always about how long it is.  He even said, "I don't want it to be that long again."  Too bad, Cade, there's a lot of school left!  I asked him who he played with and he said "everyone".  He didn't come home crying so that's a great sign right?  My little boy is not so little anymore...

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Cute pics. It is long for those little kids. It took Seth about a month to adjust and I'm sure it won't be much easier this year either!

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

I would have been the same way...a nervous wreck for Trinity to be gone all day at school. I was nervous when she was at kindergarten for 4 hours...mainly because her class didn't have enough aids to take care of all the special needs kids. Cade is a big boy and so adorable with those green ears...love you!

Betty said...

I'm glad he had a good experience. Hannah thinks the day is long too! Cute pictures of the kids. They're growing up so fast :)