Finally... Our last trip of the summer without Casey, I've gotten tired of not having him along. Not just for the fact that I have to do it without him, but I feel sad that he is missing out on memories. Hopefully next summer won't be as hectic for him and he'll be able to make a few trips with us because we missed him!
So this time we were headed to the Jemez Mountains in New Mexico. Luckily Betsy was able to meet me in Flagstaff and she drove the rest of the way with me. So it was only a 3 1/2 hour drive by myself, very doable. It is so beautiful there and well worth the long drive to get out of the heat and be able to let the kids play. Casey's Aunt Dee Dee has a ranch there with four wheelers, horses and plenty of wide open space to run free, but contained enough that we didn't have to worry about where they were every second.
I about had a heart attack and a flashback to last year. There was a little quad that didn't go too fast that they let Cade drive. He did fine the first time he got on and wasn't on it too long. Later he got on again and was a little more confidant than I would have liked. I saw him spin around a pole which first got me nervous. Claire needed something in our room so I hurried and grabbed it for her because I wanted to watch Cade. When I went to look for him, all I saw was Dee Dee waving her arms telling me to come and no Cade and no quad. FREAK OUT TIME! As I sprinted out there a million things were going through my head. I was hoping that the worst would be a broken arm, I could handle that. By the time I got there Cade was back on the road, not crying, just a little stunned and not hurt at all. Dee Dee was down watching him and saw the whole thing. He was watching something on the road he was trying to avoid and instead of looking back up to see where he was going he kept looking at the ground and went off the road.
We had a great time and hopefully next time Casey will come with us!
1 comments:
Was he trying to be like his Daddy? Good thing it wasn't as serious as Casey's quad accident. Trent has had 2 lung collapses and it is no fun-especially for them. Good thing all bones are in tact and everyone is well. You are so great to take 3 little kids on several vacations. Thanks for the recipes!! Betsey said the sugar cookie one is one I must absolutely try. I think I will!
Post a Comment