Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Cade

      





I can't believe my first baby is six years old!  Where has the time gone?  It seems like yesterday when we were in Phoenix and I was at my last day of work.  Later that day I started feeling things I hadn't felt before and sure enough one week before my due date my anxious little Cade was ready to make his appearance.  It's amazing how much you remember, of course I won't go into details, but it was a wonderful experience.  And then came the crying...  If any of you knew Cade when he was a baby, he cried nonstop.   Of course I didn't know any different because he was my first.  I remember practically crying when I saw my niece, Hannah (born one week after Cade), and my nephew Seth (born 6 weeks after Cade) because they were so happy and content.  I honestly didn't know how hard I had it until then.  So thank heavens he was my first!  
Cade has really matured in the past year.  It just breaks my heart to think about how much he missed out on by not being able to hear clearly for the first 5 1/2 years of his life.  But at the same time it amazes me how much he was able to compensate and push through regardless of his hearing loss.  I am so proud of how far he has come in the short 6 months he has had his hearing aids.  We still have a ways to go but he is a trooper and we will get there.  We love you Cade and you are such a sweet boy.  Thank you for blessing our lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thay are beatiful.....
congratulations!!!

Mandy said...

I love that last picture of him. He is so cute.

Courtney said...

Happy birthday! I love that last pic of him and one in the stripe polo shirt as a baby. We can't wait to see you in month.