Friday, February 1, 2008

Rolo Cookies


These cookies are SO good.  When my friend made these for me the first time I didn't try them right away because I'm not really a fan of a chocolate cookie but when I saw my kids eating them and noticed that they had carmel in the middle I soon claimed the rest as my own.  I am a sucker for carmel.  Be careful not to eat too many at once because with these there is too much of a good thing.  These cookies also are only good for a few days and then they get crumbly.  








2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
48 rolos
2 T sugar
Combine flour, cocoa and soda and set aside.  Beat sugars and ubtter until well blended; add eggs and vanilla.  Add dry mixture and blend well.  Shape cookies into small balls around the rolos (don't use too much dough, enough to cover the rolo but not with too much excess).   Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 350 for 8-10 minutes, until tops of cookies are slightly cracked.  Cool on racks.  

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Had these the other night. soooo good. :)