Sunday, February 3, 2008

It's a love/hate relationship

 

Time to talk about Chloe.  And no, my love/hate relationship is not with my daughter, it is with her blankies.  For those of you who don't know, my mother in law makes the best little cuddly blankets that are small enough for little babies to carry around with them.  Unfortunately, Cade was born before she started making them and Claire liked hers but grew out of them.  Chloe is the only one that has become completely attached, to the point that I'm a little worried about getting rid of them.  I love that she calls them her "night nights".  She must have gotten that because whenever we always say, "It's time to go night night, go find your blankies."  Whenever she sees them she gets so excited and screams, "Night, night!"  They also soothe her.  Sometimes when she gets hurt, she doesn't want anyone and makes a beeline for her blanket.  

Now the hate part.  She sucks on her blankets!  It is so disgusting because all of the corners are stained.  I wash them multiple times a week.  One time we tried to put her down without them, mostly because I couldn't find them, she had hidden them in the play kitchen's refridgerator.  It took me an hour to find them and she cried the entire hour.  We have some other blankies that Betsy had made for her to replace them but they quickly got shot down.  Casey always threatens to throw them away and all of the kids say, "No!"  The funniest thing is that she likes to sleep with her babies too and one time when I put her down for a nap she took her baby and tried to put her blankie in the baby's mouth.  She'll try to share her blankies with Casey and I but it is too gross to fathom putting in our mouths. 

So...what to do, we shall see... 

2 comments:

Courtney said...

SHe'll grow out of it in her own time. Seth was way attached to his blankets (although he just rubbed his nose with them- no sucking) and now at 5 he is done with them!

heather said...

That is so funny. Talyse has a duck that she is attached to, she has just recently been ok if it gets lost and she has to go down without it. I say that is funny because Talyse did the same thing with her duck she stuck in her play kitchen's washing machine and she couldn't find it for days. It was a huge ordeal when she finally found it again. I haven't really worried about it and yes her ducks wings are stained, and I too wash it often. In her own time she will let go...I am sure that Chloe will as well.