I was lucky to have 6! Our ward had a fancy adult dinner with a pretty amazing menu. You actually had a choice of soup or salad, sides, meats and desserts. So what is the down side? Having a husband who can't say no when asked to help. So, Casey got to go to the church for 3 hours and cook everyone's dinner for them. Pretty romantic, huh? I didn't go because I knew that Casey would be cooking the whole time and then cleaning up when he was done and it wasn't all that appealing to me go to and sit by myself with my friends and their husbands. So instead I volunteered to watch my friends kids while they went. My kids had fun which is the most important part. On a positive note, the activities chairman offered to watch our kids on Friday night so that we could celebrate Valentine's Day in exchange for his services. So it all worked out in the end.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
How many Valentine's did you have?
I was lucky to have 6! Our ward had a fancy adult dinner with a pretty amazing menu. You actually had a choice of soup or salad, sides, meats and desserts. So what is the down side? Having a husband who can't say no when asked to help. So, Casey got to go to the church for 3 hours and cook everyone's dinner for them. Pretty romantic, huh? I didn't go because I knew that Casey would be cooking the whole time and then cleaning up when he was done and it wasn't all that appealing to me go to and sit by myself with my friends and their husbands. So instead I volunteered to watch my friends kids while they went. My kids had fun which is the most important part. On a positive note, the activities chairman offered to watch our kids on Friday night so that we could celebrate Valentine's Day in exchange for his services. So it all worked out in the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment