Whenever we have people over for dinner there is a 90% chance they are going to get Flank Steak and Twice Baked Potatoes. We love it and it is always a hit so why fix something if it's not broke, right?
Flank Steak
2 large flank steaks (lean)
Unseasoned meat tenderizer
1/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup oil
1 packet of Good Seasons Italian Dressing
Sprinkle flank steaks liberally with unseasoned meat tenderizer. Pierce over and over with fork tines on both sides. Whisk together the lemon juice, oil and Italian dressing. Place steaks in a 9x13 glass dish and cover with the marinade. Turn several times as the meat marinate for 4 to 6 hours. Barbecue outside 7 minutes on each side. Slice cross grain.
Twice Baked Potatoes
Baked Potatoes
Bacon
Sour Cream
Butter
Cream or Half & Half or Milk (optional)
Cheddar Cheese
Salt
This is one of those none measuring recipes and I usually don't like these but I don't measure but please feel free to ask me if you have any questions.
Bake potatoes on 400 for one hour or until done all of the way. It's a good idea to let them cool a little bit. Cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out inside of the potatoes leaving very little but the skins and place in a large bowl. Put in butter, sour cream, and the cream. You don't have to put the cream in, it just depends on if you want your filling creamy or not. Blend with a hand mixer, fold in bacon and salt to taste. Place filling in the potato skins and top with cheese. Place back in oven until heated through and cheese melts. The time depends on if you make these ahead of time and keep in refrigerator until you are ready for dinner. If you make it all at the same time, it doesn't take long at all. I love that I can make these either the night before or the morning that I am going to serve them because they do take a while to put together but so easy.
7 comments:
I'm glad you posted this since I can't count how many times I have called to get the recipe!
Kamy, so fun to see you started a blog! Those twice baked potatoes remind me of Betsy, she made them a lot too! I'll have to try the flank steak recipe, sounds good. I don't even know if I've ever bought a flank steak before. Is it embarrassing to ask if that's what it's called on the package? Okay so I'm asking.
We always get flank steak at Costco or Sam's. It's just in the meat section and if you buy them there they come two to a package and are folded up. It's not too hard to find.
Sorry, I guess I didn't answer the question, but yes, it is called flank steak
Kamy, I love your blog! Very fun and I feel privileged that I have eaten the famous Casey and Kamy Cannon dinner! :) Which is very yummy, by the way. -Michelle
hi, kamy.. not sure if you remember me.. i'm janet and bruce beck's daughter, jacque. my husband and i lived in vegas for a year then moved back to phx... anyway, just had to say hi! (found you through courtney). these recipes look absolutely delicious! thanks for sharing!
We made this for dinner tonight, and loved it. Thanks. We actually couldn't find flank steak for some odd reason but we had some London Broil, a tough meat...and it turned out perfect.
Post a Comment