I love this salad and it is so easy to make. The only bad part is that it calls for cranberries so you have to buy them now and freeze them because they are hard to find during the summer.
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh cranberries (when I made them last night, I just put them in the blender frozen)
2 T honey
1 T sugar
1 T chopped red onion (it chops itself in the blender so don't worry about getting it too small)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 packages (5 oz each) spring mix salad greens
3 medium Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced
1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
For cranberry vinaigrette, combine the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Transfer to a serving dish. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, apples and walnuts. Serve with vinaigrette. Serves 8
Sorry about the picture. I forgot and took it after we had already served out of it, but you get the idea!
0 comments:
Post a Comment