Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lemon One Step Pound Cake


I finally am posting some more recipes.  Sorry, I haven't done any lately.  This picture isn't great because the top fell apart while turning it over so I'm sure it is supposed to be brown all over.  This recipe is a new found favorite.  My long time friend Michelle sent this to me, so thank you Michelle!  It is so easy to make and so delicious.  

2 1/4 cup flour
2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup plain yogurt
3 eggs
1 cup butter, softened
Combine all ingredients and beat on medium for 3 minutes.  Bake in bundt pan for 60-70 minutes at 325, or until cake springs back when touched lightly in the center.  Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes, then turn onto serving plate and glaze.
Glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar and 1-2 T fresh lemon juice.  Glaze cake while warm, not hot.
NOTE:  The person who gave Michelle this recipe said this- I have used nonfat yogurt with great results, but I have discovered that the Straus brand from Trader Joe's , which is whole milk European style, works great with this recipe 
**Michelle has used lemon yogurt and that worked great too.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds delicious for the this Spring time weather.