We had been looking forward to Disneyland for quite some time and this is a picture of the kids waiting anxiously for the time where we could go downstairs to get on the shuttle!

What are the odds that we would get the same Belle two years in a row. She hasn't changed but the girls have!
It's rare that we get a family picture anywhere, I should rephrase that, one with me because I am usually the one taking the pictures. This is as good as it got.

One of the best things about Disneyland is how tired everyone gets. This was after day one so you can imagine what we looked like the night of day two. It's so nice not to have to fight the kids to go to bed and even better when they get in bed themselves because they are so tired.
Thank you to Betsy for coming with us! Chloe especially thanks you for taking her on rides while we took the older kids on the big kid rides.
Advice for parents taking their kids to Disneyland
1. Just because your kids like a ride the previous time, doesn't mean they will like it the next year. Last year Claire LOVED the Matterhorn and couldn't wait to go on the Choo Choo train roller coaster (aka Thunder Mountain Railroad). We got her convinced to get in line and the whole time we were in line she kept saying, "I don't want to go on this ride!" The closer we got to getting on the more she started crying. We probably looked like the worst parents dragging this poor kid on the ride but she loved it last year and we really thought that once we got on she would like it. Nope, we were wrong. She buried her head into me the whole time and once we stopped she tried hopping out but we hadn't gotten to the place we were supposed to get out so I had to hold her in. This was also after she had gone on Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain Railroad and she didn't mind those and those are more scary.
2. When your kids are boarder line tall enough to go on a ride make sure they wear their tall shoes both days. The first day we were there Cade wore his tennis shoes and went on Indiana Jones with Casey. The second day we got fast passes and Cade was wearing his crocs. Cade and I were going to go on it while the rest went to get dinner. We were all the way over by Finding Nemo and the Monorail and hoofed it all the way over to Indiana Jones. You have to understand that this was about 6pm on a Friday night so it was crowded, we were all tired, my back hurt and the parade was about to start. We got all the way over there, poor Cade was being dragged by me, and when we got there, they said he was just a little too short. I was WAY to tired to argue with the guy and Cade was too tired to care. Needless to say, I was not happy about walking that far for nothing.
3. Even if you are tired, your kids are more tired and you just have to suck it up. After the Indiana Jones fiasco we had to walk to Downtown Disney to eat dinner. Everyone had gone before so we were without the stroller. I dragged Cade through the crowded streets of Main Street where everyone was watching the parade and when we got outside of the gates, Cade was so tired. Even though my back hurt, I knew we had to hurry so I got Cade on my back and walked all the way to the restaurant which was next door to the Disneyland Hotel, Casey had to pick the place that is the furthest away. The whole time we were walking Cade kept calling out for his dad. "Daddy! Where are you? Casey Cannon!"
4. Take food and drinks! Don't be afraid to bring in water bottles and food. It's either that or spend a fortune on food. We bought bottles of water on sale before we went, 24 for $2.99 and when we got there they were selling the same brand of water, 1 bottle for $3.00.
5. Just do it, go on the Tea Cups. Yeah, you may get sick but your kids will love it. They don't go as fast as they used to. I remember going on them when I was younger with my Uncle Gary and he had us going so fast that we couldn't hold our heads up and when we tried our heads went crashing back down. Hint: If you focus on the wheel, you won't get sick!
6. Watch the parade. I'm sure I was into parades when I was younger but all I remember is being one of those that took advantage of going on rides while everyone was watching the parade but nothing beats the excitement of your kids watching the parade.
2 comments:
Hey Kamy, This is Heather Zaby. I found your blog. We went to Disneyland the same time you guys went. We had a good time. It looks like you guys did too. I am sorry to hear about the cousin that died. Come look at my blog, too.
Yea, this is getting me excited for next week! I'm glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment