I have to give you a background on this post. Every Christmas I stress out what to give Casey for Christmas and last year I thought I did a pretty good job picking out some gifts including a watch and an ipod shuffle so he could listen to music while he rode his bike. Christmas morning we were opening presents and Casey said, "Well, that's it!" I said, "No, there are still some presents for you." We looked under the tree skirt, even picked up the tree and nope, they weren't there. I went to my closet where I was putting all of the presents after I wrapped them. No, they weren't there either. I was so stressed. I looked through our whole closet, I showed him the receipts to show him that I really did buy him more then what he got. Not that he wasn't happy with what he got or didn't believe me but for my sake. It was driving Casey crazy because all I did the whole day was either worry about it or look aimlessly for the missing gifts. We came to the conclusion that they were probably put in a plastic bag with garbage and thrown away. I didn't really believe it but it was the only solution I could come up with and it took me awhile to accept it.
So.... Today I was cleaning out the closet in the toy room that holds all of my craft things, wrapping paper, bags, ribbons, toys etc. I was going through and organizing all of the drawers and I had a big bag of ribbons on the shelf and decided to put them in the drawer. They didn't fit in the drawer in the bag so I dumped the bag out and out fell two wrapped presents. My first thought was, What are these presents? I turned it over and there was the gift tag that said To Daddy. I started screaming for Casey over and over. He came running wondering what in the world would I be screaming like that for. It was pretty exciting and on top of that he LOVED the watch! It is a happy day! Casey loved his gifts and the money I spent on him wasn't thrown in the garbage! So... 9 months later, Merry Christmas Casey!
9 comments:
I can't believe you found them!
I am so glad that you finally found them! Merry Christmas!
That is so funny!!
THAT is funny. I remember the sad story. Glad it had a happy ending.
oh my gosh!!! That's a funny story! That's cool that you found them!
That is a good day. I love the relief that comes when you find something you have looked for endlessly. Awesome.
Better late than never. Good thing you dumped out the ribbons.
That is hilarious. That would totally happen to me.
This sounds exactly like something I would do! Hide in a place he surely won't find them, in such a good place....you won't find them! FUNNY!!
Post a Comment