I feel so helpless right now. Casey and I went to the temple tonight and ended up being gone longer because the temple was so full. We ended up waiting an hour to get into a session, which is a great problem to have but hard when you have kids at home. We got home and wondered why the kids were still asleep. Cade met us right at the door and said that Claire was crying a lot and bleeding a lot. We hurried to the back where we found the babysitter, (we love you Anne Marie) calling her mom trying to find out what to do. Claire had gotten out of the bath and stepped on her BIG Minnie Mouse and because it is a stuffed animal she slid and fell down and hit the bed. From the looks of it, her teeth went right through the inside of her lip and ripped a chunk. I was holding her while Casey hurried to change to take her to the hospital. They have been there about an hour and are still waiting. Claire is asleep on her Daddy at the hospital with all of the blood still in her hair. She wanted us both to go but the others needed me. When I was trying to get them settled down Cade said, "I'm sad about Claire. I love her." I suggested that we say a prayer and he said that he already did. He is such a loving brother.
So here I sit, not knowing what to do so I decided to blog about it. Poor Claire, she is the only one of my kids that has had to go the hospital, this is her second time. And she hates the dentist and getting shots so depending on what the doctor says, if she has to have stitches in her mouth she is not going to be a happy camper. I'll keep you posted.
***Update- It's 11:50 and Claire is about to get stitches in her mouth. She has been asleep for an hour and a half and to have to wake up and do that it not going to be fun. I just want my baby home safe and sound.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ouch. I hope everything is okay. That's no fun at all.
Poor Claire (and poor babysitter.) Hope she is feeling better soon.
I hope she is feeling better today. We had one teeth-through-the-lip episode about 6 years ago. Luckily it happened in the middle of the day, and we were able to avoid the emergency room. I took Joel to Mark's office where Mark hooked him up to the nitrous and numbed him up. Then I took him to our friend the periodontist who stitched him up. I hope you all survived without too much trauma.
Post a Comment