Claire went to the doctor today and he wanted her to get a second opinion so he sent her to an oral surgeon. Even though it was time consuming I am so glad the our doctor was proactive. She was a trooper and didn't even cry. I'm hoping opening her mouth for so many people will help her get over her fear of the dentist. Anyway, the oral surgeon was very optimistic that it would heal properly and wouldn't require anything further. We are going back in 3 weeks to see how it healed up after all of the swelling goes down.
This is what her mouth looks like today. The white part isn't a tooth it's just how her mouth is healing.
5 comments:
Wow! Poor girl!
It is looking better! My poor little Claire.
After I showed Trent this, he said, "Poor Claire, she is such a sweet girl". I agree. Hurtful things just shouldn't happen to sweet girls:)
Hope she is feeling better. Is eating still painful?
I am glad things are getting better. I totally thought that was a tooth in the picture.
That is crazy! poor girl, we had a similar incident with Christian. I hope it all heals well, and you can all move on without anymore dental/doctor visits...those can be traumatic. I can't believe you guys are having another girl, we will both have three girls and one boy. Congratulations.
Post a Comment