Tuesday, February 3, 2009

When the lights go down on the city...



Last week out lights went out for an hour and a half.   When they went out I knew it wasn't just our house because I was located in a place where I could see out a window to the obnoxious street lights that are right outside our backyard.  Luckily Casey hadn't left for his church meeting yet and knew exactly where the flashlights were.  We got those out along with a bunch of tea lights.  Cade did not enjoy the experience.  He kept asking over and over, "When are the lights going to be on?" "Why aren't the lights coming back on."  The best comment he made was, "Oh No!  Our house is broken again!"  (During the month of construction we had some electrical issues.  ALL of our lights in our house were flickering like a haunted house.)

First I read some books to them.  Then I got my phone out and we started calling people to see whose lights were out too.  Then we started to listen to music on my phone and the girls danced while I had the strobe light on them.  I tried to get them to do some shadow dancing like I did back in the day at Girl's Camp but they didn't get it.  Then I remembered that just that day I had downloaded an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in case I had to take the girls to the dentist with me.  Hallelujah!  So that was how we spent the rest of the evening in the dark.  Of course the lights came on just after I got them in bed.  It was a memory though!

0 comments: